Most likely a time-lapse exposure with each of the 10 cathodes sequentially
grounded, and the 2 steering cathodes floating.

Though I've never tried it, you might be able to get multiple parallel
cathodes to light simultaneously. I doubt they would glow this uniformly,
but you never know until you try it. Similar for a traditional nixie with
all cathodes energized, which is a blurry mess.