> On Jun 20, 2021, at 7:36 PM, martin martin <mcvei...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I helped a friend clean out his garage today.  Some of these items have been
> stored for more than 30 years!
> The Eldorado counter is still right on the money. * And, I have the original
> manual too.

A friend of mine moved fifteen years ago and somehow managed to take the "best"
stuff with him. Fortunately, he was willing to give up all of his Nixie gear.

The tubes in the Fluke and Systron Donner DMMs are all shot in the same way.
The least significant digit is invisible due to the opaque layer on the inside
of the tube. As you move to the right the envelopes become clearer. They're all
nine decimal places and each tube is a different brightness, even the last two.
That's a washout but the rest of the stuff is OK.

I scored that Eldorado on eBay a while back at a very good price. I prefer
desktop counters and meters so it fits in well. Is there any possibility you
could scan the manual? I have one for a 1615 but not the 325A.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

https://www.astarcloseup.com

“...the book said something astonishing, a very big thought. The stars, it
said, were suns but very far away. The Sun was a star but close up.”—Carl
Sagan, "The Backbone Of Night", Cosmos, 1980