Thanks! I got the PCBs from oshpark which do a black PCB with clear
soldermask service that looks really nice. The modularness also stems from
that since they give 3 copies of your design per order, so I can save a bit
of money if I don't intend to build 3 clocks. It does increase the costs of
connectors and build time significantly, and crimping those wires was
probably the most annoying part of the build.

In my original IN-14 design I actually intended to print a transparent case
so I could see the internals, but I couldn't really get it to be
see-through enough without the shell walls being extremely thin.