I might have to bite the bullet and shell out for a set of IN-14s and a
couple IN-18s to make another set of clocks.

What's the next tube down the line in terms of similar digit size and
lifespan? I would assume the IN-12 is a cheaper alternative to IN-14 if you
can deal with the top-down view?

Soon the IN-18 price will reach the Millclock ZIN-18 price, making the
newer nixies a better buy. I'm not sure what the ZIN-18's rated life is
though, and I guess IN-18s will continue to rise above that due to the
vintage/rare appeal.