On Wednesday, July 28, 2021 at 7:27:47 PM UTC+1 Terry Bowman wrote:
> I read something recently about hiding the blue glow as well. I've
wondered about that.

I think that was a major part of it. Looking at ETL's documentation for
their nixies (which they called Digitrons), they only offer the red filter
option on their long life tubes (ie those with the mercury blue haze) and
they say: "amber or red tinted filters making Long Life Digitrons appear
identical with other Digitrons". For general contrast enhancement on all
tubes they recommend using a circular polarised filter.

Jon.