Hi Bill,

        Thanks for the welcome! Yes, I agree with you about the “sickness” and
I’m probably not getting any better!
It’s bad enough trying to find parts that are generally considered unobtainium,
but you bring up another point
when trying to find a manual (either owner or service) that may be harder to
locate than the parts themselves.
One example of that is my search for Sperry Panaplex display SP-737. This
3-digit bugger has one anode for
the left digit and another common to the other two digits. This is used in a
Marlin calculator for the two least-significant
digits as well as polarity and error indicator. Sooner or later it will
probably appear for sale at a price equal to an
ounce of gold! Such a deal! All the best.

Rich N.