Hi Martin,

        I’m sure Burroughs used (and maybe designed) these modules since the
Panaplex was their creation.

I have a schematic for a similar Victor calc model 18-1721 and mine is 18-1441.
They are mostly identical

except the 1721 has scientific functions and somewhat different logic but the
display circuitry seems to

follow what I have in mine. The thought of a module swap had occurred to me and
I will probably do it if

I can’t get a replacement. The thing is, it would only verify if the part is
indeed bad - not how to get a

replacement if it is. Group member Ira also suggested using discrete parts.
There is a hint of what is

inside the segment driver portion of the module shown on the schematic but not
all 9 parts are ID'd.

I’m going to wait a little while for a possible replacement and, failing that,
I will probably try the part swap

to at least verify my suspicions. Thanks to you and Ira for all the good
suggestions.

All the best,

Rich