On 2021-11-04 4:27 a.m., 'Bogdan Paduraru' via neonixie-l wrote:
Thank you Terry ,

Based on your observation I see now that Toby's query is considering only the words starting with the first letter  from position 1 I think there is a good chance to spell something nice  considering there are some significant numbers of possible combinations

Yes, if you want to blank left hand tubes, then just remove some number of character classes from the left, e.g. for four letter words in the rightmost tubes:

$ grep -E '^[abcdefghjk][lmnprstvwx][io][lmnprstvwx][abcdefghjk]$' /usr/share/dict/words
alima
alish
alite
alive