This is a "how do you guys do it?" question...

I need a way to organize and safely store the odds and ends of tubes that I
have. Nixies, Dekatrons, bargraphs, Magic Eyes etc. as well as a lot of the
weird things from the WWII era.

Half of this stuff is loose except for some bubble wrap. Most of the Soviet
surplus items are still in the box sent from Ukraine, all different shapes and
sizes. It makes finding a particular tube a real hassle and handling a box like
this can lead to disaster.

Then there's cabinets. You can't find anything decent anymore. Everything is
overpriced flimsy crap. The drawers all fall out if you tip it 30°. Standing
cabinets are only four feet high and can't take more than five pounds of stuff
on top.

I did manage to find this:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003P2UOCO <https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003P2UOCO>

>From the video it appears that at least the drawers don't slide all of the way
>out.

I also need boxes for my bubble lights and bubble tubes. If I had a a 18 x 26
laser cutter I'd make custom boxes and inserts out of heavy C1S stock but I
don't have a place to set one up. Can't afford one that size right now, anyway.

Terry Bowman, KA4HJH
"The Mac Doctor"

https://www.astarcloseup.com

Edward R. Murrow: “Who owns the patent on this vaccine?”
Dr. Jonas Salk: “Well, the people, I would say. There is no patent. Could you
patent the sun?”—See It Now, 12 April 1955