I have used some of the Dymo products (not the old embossing type, though
they're popular for their retro charm). They work well if you get the
paper-based labels but the plastic labels are poor on all but plastic
surfaces. If you fold them in half to mark a wire they unfold and unstick
themselves, and the same can happen on cardboard boxes.

The latest versions also have DRM to force you to buy their refills. I
think this has now been broken but not necessarily well  enough to buy
compatible products - more to allow you to refill the cartridge.

I will try to get some paper labels for my older machine but if I replace
it I will probably look at Brother and Casio.