I bought a dozen of these a few years ago for a future project, and I've
always wondered what these Soviet-era CRTs were used for. Too small for an
oscilloscope, and very limited use as a text display. Seems unlikely they
would be used for images, because they use deflection plates, rather than a
yoke, so TV-like scanning is a bit more complex.

Does anyone know ?