I have two G10/241E and both are dead unfortunately.... but physically intact.

Grahame

On 23/12/2022 09:14, Jon wrote:
Primarily a tube collector item I'd suggest. They're fiddly to drive and the display is much less visually striking than other dekatron types, so there's not a lot one can do with them in the direction of a clock or similar. And then there's the question of condition - many G10/241E don't work now, even if they're apparently NIB (there's a 'death in storage' problem that afflicts many high speed dekatron types including this one). And the metal base shell is prone to cracking and falling off the tube which is cosmetically unattractive.

So a scraggy tube without proof of function is pretty worthless IMHO. At the other end, a tested mint tube in the original box is probably a few tens of dollars, depending on how interested the small pool of likely buyers is at that moment. If you've got one of these you might want to sell, you're welcome to PM me some pictures and I'll try to give some more specific input - I've done quite a bit of historical research on these tubes. They're actually a really early solution to the counting tube problem, but one which largely lost out in commercial use to the more elegant and flexible Ericsson designs.

While we're on the subject of STC counting tubes, does anyone have a working G10/240E (note different number) that they'd be interested to sell? PM me if so!

Cheers,

Jon.