Hello Zachary.
I am more confident with electronics rather than case design. But once you
master the electronics side of Nixie circuits you get more time to think of
the exterior.

In November 2022 I came up with the single-digit clock in the attached
picture. From zero to delivery to a teen impressed by our living room Nixie
clock, in 4 weeks. Laser cut and 3D print can be a game changer for those,
like me, who have little chances to do mechanical work (skills, tools,
room/garage). Yes, it's a black PCB sandwiched two laser cut shapes: 70% of
design time at the computer went into my first OpenSCAD modeling experience.

It's a journey. As long as the electronics are small enough they can be
re-seated in a different case later on.

Looking forward to seeing your result!
Paolo