I have an HP54502A which has been my daily driver for years. Unfortunately
that ceased to function one day, and I had to go and find another scope to
fix it. (gnarly power supply issue) Now, I happened to have an HP16500A
around the place, and by luck I found a 1GHz scope card for it, so after
much shenanigans involving buying a small Dell computer with a floppy
drive, installing FreeDOS on it so I could use LIFUTIL to write diskettes
from images, I got the 16500A working. Then I got the HP54502A working -
the one-shot capability of the 16500A to spot what was going on at power on
was instrumental in the fixing (after replacing all of the big caps of
course - YMMV but I'd also vote for just doing a cap job on the power
supply of your fine machine)

The HP16500A is the superior beast technically as a scope, but it makes too
much noise to be the replacement daily driver, so I reverted back to the
HP54502A - which is also more like a 'real' scope in terms of the user
interface. However, I still have an old analog 20MHz Hameg HM203 which was
given to me, just because it's silent in operation, for some things a pure
analog scope works better - and it takes up very little bench room.