I was very disappointed in the film. It was not historically accurate.
The two bombs were of different designs and the reactors were different and
built in parallel to hedge their bets.
The book "The Life and Times of a Technological Fixer" was more interesting
to read than watching the film.
My friend who also saw the film feels the same about it.
A lot of interesting stuff like the ship that delivered it and was sunk on
the way back were left out.
It jumped around in time which was confusing. The sound track was terrible.
All I hear are the critics raving about it.
PeterB