B7971 - I’ve only seen the early “Pin type” ones and the later “circuit board” type, what is the other one?

Rob

On 3 Sep 2023, at 12:44, Robert G. Schaffrath <robert.schaffr...@gmail.com> wrote:

The only reasons that I can think of are 1) the B-8971 is tinier and might have been more complicated to manufacture. 2) Ultronics having ordered thousands of the B-7971's resulted in efficiency improvements in manufacturing the B-7971 such that the price came down.

Off the top of my head I am aware of three variants of the B-7971 internals. Most likely those changes came about from making so many of them they found ways to improve the manufacturing process. It is possible that B-8971's never benefited from any manufacturing improvements or design changes due to the small number of them that appear to have been made.

Robert