Hi Max

https://threeneurons.files.wordpress.com/2015/05/3lo1i.pdf

gives the normal operation acceleration anode A2 voltage as 500V (WRT cathode) and the focus anode A1 as 0 to 50V. Your voltages are higher, especially the focus anode voltage. Hence the green splat rather than a dot.

My experience with this tube and the 6LO1i which is the slightly larger rectangular version is very poor. The phosphor literally turned grey, then black and the light emission faded over a couple of months in use. It wasn't that the phosphor burned with the image but the phosphor greyed uniformly. Most odd. Might have it been a bad batch of tubes? IIRC someone else has seen this effect.

If you want a small tube then look out for a 1CP1 or DH3-91 or CV2302 would be my suggestion.

Grahame