All,

Sorry to bother you with this newbie minutae. This seems to be a common
problem, one that many other folks have not gotten an answer on based on
the contents of the mail archive. I've read all the docs, even some
supplementary material from magazines and books, but have no idea who
the culprit is. My system is RH71 (2.4.17) with current versions of flex
and bison. I obtained nessus 1.8 and 1.9 src RPMs, but both have the
same problem. I have no trouble compiling nessus-libraries, but linking
libnasl.la results in a seg fault. Running the libnasl 'configure'
script already hints at trouble:

checking for pcap_restart in -lpcap-nessus... (cached) no
checking for pcap_yyrestart in -lpcap-nessus... (cached) no
checking for yyrestart in -lpcap-nessus... (cached) no
no yacc restart func found
perhaps libpcap-nessus wasn't compiled with bison/flex?

This isn't true, I have current versions of both installed. The libnasl
source compiles without errors, but 'make' seg faults while linking:

/bin/sh /usr/src/redhat/SOURCES/nessus/libnasl/libtool --silent gcc
-pipe  `sh ./cflags` -lrpcsvc `/usr/local/bin/nessus-config --libs` -o
libnasl.la init.lo parser.lo function_call.lo sanitize.lo send_packet.lo
pkt_utils.lo prompt.lo udp.lo tcp.lo ip.lo pcap.lo instruction.lo
pcap_next.lo boolean.lo strutils.lo inet.lo execute.lo
nessus_extensions.lo igmp.lo icmp.lo nasl_rpc.lo nasl_memory.lo regex.lo
w32.lo -rpath /usr/local/lib \
-version-info 2:9:1
collect2: ld terminated with signal 11 [Segmentation fault]

Any suggestions are welcome. TIA.

Peter Stein

Reply via email to