Okay so this rears it's ugly head again and yes I read the faq.

I have the following versions of nessus installed:

Further:/home/spg# nessus --version
nessus (Nessus) 1.0.10 for Linux

(C) 1998, 1999, 2000 Renaud Deraison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        supports crypto layer version peks/0.8

Further:/home/spg# nessusd --version
nessusd (Nessus) 1.0.10 for Linux
(C) 1998, 1999, 2000 Renaud Deraison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

As you can see the server is 1.0.10, one notch later than 1.0.9, and it's a 
matched pair.

I'm using Debian Woody and have recently upgraded some packages. This used to 
work and now it's hosed.  


The FAQ says:
----------------------
1.3.8. When I use the Nessus client to connect to the Nessus server, I get 
"Remote host is not using < NSP/0.3 > or is tcpwrapped" ... what is wrong?

You are using a newer version of nessus server (version 1.1.14, version 1.2 
or later) with an outdated version of WinNessus client (version 1.0.9 or 
earlier).

Upgrade nessus client to the most recent NessusWX (version 1.3.x as of this 
writing). There is no recent WinNessus version.
-------------------------

Seems like something more is going on than the FAQ implies.

Shawn Garbett

-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]: general discussions about Nessus.
* To unsubscribe, send a mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
"unsubscribe nessus" in the body.

Reply via email to