On Thu, 10 Oct 2002, sullo wrote:

> from the make output:
> gcc -pipe   `sh ./cflags` -I. -I/tmp/nessus/libnasl/include
> -I/usr/local/include -o nasl -DVERSION=\"1.2.6\" nasl.c init.o parser.o
> function_call.o  sanitize.o send_packet.o pkt_utils.o  prompt.o udp.o
> tcp.o ip.o pcap.o  instruction.o pcap_next.o boolean.o  strutils.o
> inet.o execute.o nessus_extensions.o  igmp.o icmp.o nasl_rpc.o
> nasl_memory.o regex.o w32.o -lrpcsvc `/usr/local/bin/nessus-config
> --libs` 
> Undefined                       first referenced
>  symbol                             in file
> bpf_datalink                        pcap.o
> bpf_open_live                       pcap.o
> bpf_next                            pcap.o
> bpf_close                           send_packet.o
> plug_set_bugtraq_id                 nessus_extensions.o

Make sure no old versions of Nessus libraries lurk in the shadows.
You are probably linking it with an old libnessus because these functions
did not exist before 1.2.6.

Perhaps libnessus.so should be renamed to libnessus-1.2.6.so,
nessus-config to nessus-config-1.2.6 (and it should print -lnessus-1.2.6
when run with --libs) etc. in order to save people from getting caught in
this popular trap (I am sure it'd rank very high on the Top Ten Reasons
Why Nessus Installation Fails).

--Pavel Kankovsky aka Peak
"Welcome to the Czech Republic. Bring your own lifeboats."

-
[EMAIL PROTECTED]: general discussions about Nessus.
* To unsubscribe, send a mail to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with
"unsubscribe nessus" in the body.

Reply via email to