On Tue, Mar 18, 2003 at 12:54:38PM -0000, Hemsley, Trevor wrote:
> I've been testing plugin 11412 against a Windows 2000 machine with SP3 applied but 
> without the MS03-007 patch.
> 
> When I run 11412 against it, IIS turns up its toes and dies completely. It does NOT 
> restart itself as the comments in the plugin indicate. If you now go to the IIS GUI 
> and look at properties for the web pages then when you exit the properties page it 
> comes up with a prompt that says it is unable to contact the default web page and 
> asks if you would like to restart it. But it seems to wait until you take some 
> action on the GUI before it issues this message (we waited 5 minutes or so before we 
> attempted to do anything on the IIS server once the scan had completed).
>
> Looks to me like this should be reclassified as ACT_DESTRUCTIVE_ATTACK and use 
> safe_checks().

Done. Sorry for the inconvenience, I did not realize it would not
restart.

Reply via email to