Hey, Edgar!

Well, someone else may jump in here with their opinion, but I personally haven't noticed anything. Obviously, there are the requirements for the install which any linux config could support. The only thing that seem to stand out to me was that you make sure you have the latest glib and GTK installed so you could use nessus on a GUI side of things. The reports are so much more better. You can do just running command like environment but they don't recommend it. And I can certainly say I love the report the GUI puts out, very user friendly.
so I would definitely recommend doing it from the GUI.


As far as other installation notes, I couldn't get the automated install to work, even after I had the sharutils installed, so I did the old fashion compiling. Just make sure you read the pages, you have to edit the ld.so.conf file for /usr/local/lib as well as make sure your PATH has /usr/local/bin in it. These are extremely important. Let me know if you have any issues. I'm running it on FC 1 and I don't know jack about Linux, so you hopefully shouldn't have any issues. Also, make sure you verify the MD5 on them to make sure the downloads are not corrupted.


Hope that helps somewhat


Rye



Edgar Wu wrote:

Hi,

Could anyone provide me a source as what is the best practice/installation
options for redhat linux in preparation for nessus, thanks

Rgds

Edgar
_______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus





_______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus

Reply via email to