I think I will put the problem more explicitly: I have two subnets on different VLAN but same IP addresses. When we do the nessus configuration, we give a list of IP addresses to scan but in this case we need to associate it with the VLAN too.
-----Original Message----- From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Hugo van der Kooij Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2004 1:14 PM To: [EMAIL PROTECTED] Subject: Re: Scanning on top of VLAN On Thu, 19 Feb 2004, Biswas, Proneet wrote: > I was wondering can nessus be made to run on a > linux system with VLAN interfaces. I can't see any reason why it shouldn't. I have done tests over PPP, PPTP and PPPoE as well as Ethernet and Token-Ring. An interface is an interface is aninterface as long at it has an IP number. Hugo. -- All email sent to me is bound to the rules described on my homepage. [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://hvdkooij.xs4all.nl/ Don't meddle in the affairs of sysadmins, for they are subtle and quick to anger. _______________________________________________ Nessus mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus _______________________________________________ Nessus mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus
