Title: Message
Forget the Nessus version # - I found the command on the Man Page.  So now, I find I am running version 1.2.7 for Linux.  How old is this version, and could this version be the reason I am not receiving all the updates?  When I update, I notice that only files from 2002 and 2003 are downloading, none of the plugins from 2004 are downloading.
 
Thanks.
-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of Vaccare, Anthony
Sent: Friday, May 21, 2004 10:23 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Nessus Version # and Update Problems...

I would like to find out how to determine the version # of Nessus as well as determine how to find out whether my plugins are updating correctly.  Specifically, I am trying to determine whether I am running version 2.0 of Nessus (if not, I would like to upgrade), and when I update my plugins, it looks like the updates are working.  However, when I run the Nessus Console on my Windows machine, it tells me that there are only 1213 plugins loaded.  Based on documentation at nessus.org, there are 2128 plugins.  Sorry if this is basic information for some, but as you can tell, I am pretty much a newbie and one of our tech support guys set it up for me (he is unavailable now).  I am technically pretty savvy, but I am largely unfamiliar with Linux Red Hat administration.

Thanks.







********************************************************************************************************************
This email and any file transmitted with it may be confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you received this email in error please notify the DBM Service Desk by forwarding this message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]


This email has been scanned by networkMaryland Antivirus Service for the presence of computer viruses.





********************************************************************************************************************
This email and any file transmitted with it may be confidential and is intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed. If you received this email in error please notify the DBM Service Desk by forwarding this message to [EMAIL PROTECTED]


This email has been scanned by networkMaryland Antivirus Service for the presence of computer viruses.
_______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus

Reply via email to