On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Brian Jameson wrote:

> If I run nessus from the command line with the following command:-
>
> /usr/local/bin/nessus -c /root/.nessusrc -T html -qxV localhost 1241 user
> password /root/nessus/jameson.list /var/www/html/nessus.html
>
> it works perfectly. If I use the same command in a script or in cron as root
> then 99.99 times out of a 100 it fails with 'nessus : Could not open a
> connection to the remote host'. I believe that on the .01% times it does run
> then the internet link is down but I might be wrong in thinking this. This
> has been frustrating me for a while now so all help much appreciated. I am
> currently using Fedora Core 1, but have tried it on Redhat 9 as well. I'm
> running nessus v2.0.10.


What do you get if you make a script that just does 'ping -c 5
target.host' and run that from cron. Does it work?

Also, if your web server can be accessed by anything other than localhost,
then writing Nessus' output to /var/www/html/nessus.html is likely a very
bad idea.

~Jay

-- 
..
..  Jay Jacobson
..  Edgeos, Inc. - 480.961.5996 - http://www.edgeos.com
..
..  Network Security Auditing and
..  Vulnerability Assessment Managed Services
..

_______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus

Reply via email to