I have a cron job that runs nessus-update-plugins every morning. It has been failing the past several days (not quite a week now) with the following error. "./nessus-update-plugins: /bin/cp: Argument list too long"
I concluded that the problem was caused by there being more files in the source directory than the Linux copy command could handle. I was able to kludge a temporary work around. I'm sure there is a better way to fix the problem but this is how I fixed my problem.
I edited my local copy of nessus-update-plugins and changed it as follows (at, or about line 245):
# cp -p *.nasl "$pluginsdir/"
find . -name '*.nasl' -exec cp -p {} "$pluginsdir/" \; >> /tmp/stuff
#cp -p *.inc "$pluginsdir/"
find . -name '*.inc' -exec cp -p {} "$pluginsdir/" \; >> /tmp/stuffIt appears to be working again.
-- Clyde Hoadley Metropolitan State College of Denver http://clem.mscd.edu/%7Ehoadleyc/ [EMAIL PROTECTED]
_______________________________________________ Nessus mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus
