Hi Michel, 

Thanks for your quick reply. I seem to be missing something here, or my 
installation of nessus has a bug possibly.

When I enable all plugins, enable "Safe checks" and starts a scan (to be sure 
all options get saved), then I interrupt it, close nessus gui and I open the 
file .nessusrc. There I have "safe_checks = yes", and all plugins are there 
with a "= yes" after every single one. For me it looks like they are all 
enabled. I controled for one of them that is of level Attack_destructive, and 
it's indeed present and to the value yes.
Should the dangerous plugins be disabled in the gui when I click on the button 
"Safe checks" ? coz it's definitely not the case for me (maybe a bug then ?).

I have to recognise that I did not use much the nasl scripts, but I had the 
idea that the test "safe_checks()" in the scripts was actually related to the 
option in the GUI "Safe Checks" and the safe_checks = yes in my nessusrc file. 
So my feeling was that if it was not there, then it was of no use. Can you 
maybe explain briefly the behavior of the new "Safe checks" ? (or even point to 
the code I should look at ?)

cheers,

Francois

----- Original Message -----
From: "Michel Arboi" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "goz ila" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: Re: Safe checks vs Disable dangerous plugins
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 13:42:17 +0100

> 
> On Mon Mar 21 2005 at 13:07, goz ila wrote:
> 
> > "Safe checks" does not disable the plugins
> 
> Yes it does. Everything from AC_DESTRUCTIVE_ATTACK to ACT_FLOOD is
> disabled.
> 
> > but instead, it sets a variable (safe_checks) and relies completely
> > on the plugins themselves to handle the safe behavior if any.
> 
> This is mainly used by ACT_MIXED_ATTACK plugins.
> 
> > Therefore I believe that if I activate all plugins, and enable
> > option "Safe Checks", these dangerous plugins would still be run
> > against the target hosts and possibly crash them...
> 
> No.
> 
> > Any chance that the option "Disable dangerous plugins" could be
> > added again
> 
> Definitely not.

-- 
_______________________________________________
NEW! Lycos Dating Search. The only place to search multiple dating sites at 
once.
http://datingsearch.lycos.com

_______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus

Reply via email to