> When trying to obtain a list of plugins installed on the server using
> NessusClient 1.0 RC2 on Red Hat Enterprise Linux 4, update 2 (installed
> on an HP BL25p):
> 
>     *# /usr/local/bin/NessusClient -x -q -p <server> 1241 <username>
>     <password>
>     Segmentation fault

Hmm, happens to me too with RC1 on a Gentoo system. I don't see anything
in the Bug Tracker about it. I tried using gdb to generate a backtrace
as well as using strace but didn't see any obvious reason for the
problem. Jan, let me know if you need any help debugging this.

I suppose in the meantime you should use the nessus CLI.

> When using Jay Jacobsen's* update-nessusrc* python script or George
> Theall's *update-nessusrc* perl script under Nessus 3.0.0, the script
> must be edited to use */opt/nessus/bin/nessus* versus
> */usr/local/bin/nessus *(or symlink */opt/nessus/bin/nessus* to
> */usr/local/bin*).  When the above problem is fixed, I assume this
> should be changed to */usr/local/bin/NessusClient*.

Yes, you'll need to do that with my script. I need to do a new release
so I'll fix this too. [Guillaume Belanger alerted me a month ago that my
script hangs indefinitely if paranoia_level has not been set in a config
file; I told him I'd fix it in a couple of days. Guess where my
priorities have been... :-[

George
-- 
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
_______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus

Reply via email to