I have upgraded my probes
from Nessus 2.2.6 to 3.0.1, and now I do not get a report from the "Enable local
security checks" plugin (ID:12634) confirming access, or any reports of missing
security patches from any of my unix system targets, either solaris or Redhat
Linux.
I have verified the contents of the
nessusrc file which seem to be correct and consistant with version 2.2.6 (actual
account names and passwords have been obsfucated):
begin(PLUGINS_PREFS)
SSH settings[entry]:SSH user name : = ProbeAccount
SSH settings[password]:SSH password (unsafe!) : =
SSH settings[file]:SSH public key to use : = /home/ProbeAccount/KEYS/id_dsa.pub
SSH settings[file]:SSH private key to use : = /home/ProbeAccount/KEYS/id_dsa
SSH settings[password]:Passphrase for SSH key : = <keyPassword>
SSH settings[entry]:SSH user name : = ProbeAccount
SSH settings[password]:SSH password (unsafe!) : =
SSH settings[file]:SSH public key to use : = /home/ProbeAccount/KEYS/id_dsa.pub
SSH settings[file]:SSH private key to use : = /home/ProbeAccount/KEYS/id_dsa
SSH settings[password]:Passphrase for SSH key : = <keyPassword>
I have also verified that I can log on from
my probe (ProbeAccount) to the target Unix system, which works
fine:
$ ssh -i KEYS/id_dsa [EMAIL PROTECTED]
The authenticity of host ' (TargetMachine.domain<ipaddress>)' can't be established.
DSA key fingerprint is <Fingerprint>
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Warning: Permanently added '.TargetMachine.domain,<ipaddress>' (DSA) to the list of known hosts.
< Warning banner obsfucated>
The authenticity of host ' (TargetMachine.domain<ipaddress>)' can't be established.
DSA key fingerprint is <Fingerprint>
Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes
Warning: Permanently added '.TargetMachine.domain,<ipaddress>' (DSA) to the list of known hosts.
< Warning banner obsfucated>
Enter passphrase for key
'KEYS/id_dsa':
TargetMachine%
I have tested access using SSH from the
command line, NessusWX and release candidate 3 of NessusClient, none of which
are reporting success for local security check, or reporting missing patches.
Neither the Keys, passwords or key locations have changed since the upgrade to
version 3.0.1.
I am running Nessus on Redhat ES 4, with
the latest patches. The Nessus plugins are current.
Any ideas what's going wrong?
Thanks
Peter
Heard
_______________________________________________ Nessus mailing list [email protected] http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus
