Ah, after todays update I also have those plugins you're talking about :)

ID: 20922 Category: infos Family: Red Hat Local Security Checks
ID: 20923 Category: infos Family: SuSE Local Security Checks
ID: 20924 Category: infos Family: Gain root remotely
ID: 20925 Category: attack Family: CGI abuses
ID: 20926 Category: infos  Family: CGI abuses
So only two of five are CGI-Abuses and none are flagged as dangerous.

> With the default settings, it disables all
> the "dangereous" plugins in the Denial of Service family.
Not mine :) Try to set safe_checks = yes to disable dangerous plugins in the nessus config file.

I don't understand why you're not just running "nessus-update" if you're using a graphical user interface to adjust your scanner settings. update-nessusrc is normally used to generate a rc-file as config-input for a command-line scan.

Cheers,
Toby

Tobias Glemser wrote on 23.02.2006 10:37:
Ammet,

just have a look in the corresponding nasl files or use a client to check if the plugins are supposed to cause a DoS. Sadly, I didn't find the IDs you've given in my up2date 2.6 installation, so I couldn't check.

Cheers,
Toby

Ameet Zaveri wrote on 22.02.2006 23:40:
I am using the update-nessusrc script to keep the NessusClient
config file updated. With the default settings, it disables all
the "dangereous" plugins in the Denial of Service family. It
also seems to disable some plugins in "CGI Abuses" family. Is
this as designed? The plugin ids are 20922-20928. Are these
supposed to be dangerous.




__________________________________________________
Do You Yahoo!?
Tired of spam? Yahoo! Mail has the best spam protection around http://mail.yahoo.com _______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus

_______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus

_______________________________________________
Nessus mailing list
[email protected]
http://mail.nessus.org/mailman/listinfo/nessus

Reply via email to