>> I can`t manage to make Port Scanner range work properly.

>Exactly what sorts of problems are you having? What are you specifying
>for the range? [NB: the lower number in the range should be 1 rather
>than 0.]

I did some test again today, maybe this can help you:
Information about this scan :

Nessus version : 3.2.1.1
Plugin feed version : 200901050134
Type of plugin feed : HomeFeed (Non-commercial use only)
Scanner IP : ***.***.***.***

WARNING : no port scanner was enabled during the scan. This may
lead to incomplete results

But, I enabled in the option tab of the scan policy:
Safe Check, Nessus TCP Scanner, Ping the remote host
Port scanner range: default

Port range : default
Thorough tests : no
Experimental tests : no
Paranoia level : 1
Report Verbosity : 1
Safe checks : yes
Optimize the test : yes
Max hosts : 10
Max checks : 5
Recv timeout : 5
Backports : None
Scan Start Date : 2009/1/5 10:40
Scan duration : 104 sec

Nessus ID : 19506

Here is a copy of what a sent on this list a few weeks ago on my port
scan issues:

============
I only activated the plugin (21643)

Port scanner range : 443
Consider unscanned ports as closed : unchecked
Nessus TCP scanner : Checked
Ping the remote host : Checked

This didn't work, in fact, port scanner range was not taken into account.

The only way I got the scanner to detect port 443 was to check Syn
Scan box. Then, once again, the port scanner range is not taken into
account, but a huge number of ports are scanned (including 443!). The
plugin worked then.