Bazy wrote:
> Hello!
>
> We use WSUS in our company for updates, but not everyone restart's his
> workstation for days. So in some cases the computer is still vulnerable if
> not restarted. How would be the best practice to check this? I'm using Nessus
> for about 3 months, read the book but have little experience.

We try to make every effort to test the live system. For example, we
occasionally get false positive reports from customers who say that
a machine is patched, yet Nessus is showing the machine to still be
vulnerable because the machine STILL IS vulnerable, and requires a
reboot.

Are you asking to be able to scan for a machine that is in the state
of needed to be rebooted?

Ron Gula
Tenable Network Security