All,
    I have having a problem with SSH credentials on an internal Linux
box I'm trying to scan. The box I'm scanning is a RedHat box and I can
manually SSH with any SSH2 client to it.
I supply the credentials and I get logged in just fine. BUT..... When I
configure the settings below in my nessus rules file,

-SSH settings[entry]:SSH user name : = XYZ
-SSH settings[entry]:Preferred SSH port : = 22
-SSH settings[password]:SSH password (unsafe!) : = XYZPassword

    I get the response below:

The local security checks are disabled. Description: The credentials
provided for the scan did not allow us to log into the remote host, or
the remote operating system is not supported. Risk factor : None Plugin
output : It was not possible to log into the remote host via ssh

    Am I missing some dependencies somewhere in the rules file? Just for
grins also, I have turned on ALL plugins. I know that is not desirable,
but I was trying anything to get it to log in properly.

Sincerely,
Mark