Not sure how the SocksProxy.java change occurred. I'll fix that up before pushing. Thanks for catching.

Good point about the NetworkPermission changes for policytool - I don't see it in jdk 9 either (I see NetPermission being catered for) jdk/src/jdk.runtime/share/classes/sun/security/tools/policytool/PolicyTool.java

Will look into that as a follow up.

regards,
Sean.