Hi All,

I had off line discussion here at Oracle and we decided not to override getReuseAddr/setReuseAddr for MulticastSocket. If user wants, he can set the SO_REUSEPORT with "setOption"before bind.

For MulticastSocket SO_REUSEADDR&SO_REUSEPORT are semantically equivalent which means either option will be sufficient to indicate that the address&port is reusable. So setting SO_REUSEPORT in constructor is really necessary/required ?

I am looking some comments on this from Intel people(they are in mail chain) who did this original change, before we decide how we wants to proceed on this issue.

Thanks,

Vyom