Hi Christoph,

Code change looks good to me, but i am not an official reviewer.

Thanks,

Vyom

On Monday 09 January 2017 11:26 AM, Langer, Christoph wrote:

Ping: Please review this backport to JDK8.

*From:*Langer, Christoph
*Sent:* Donnerstag, 29. Dezember 2016 10:37
*To:* net-dev@openjdk.java.net; jdk8u-...@openjdk.java.net
*Subject:* [8u-dev]: Request for Review and Approval: 8075484: SocketInputStream.socketRead0 can hang even with soTimeout set

Hi,

please review (and eventually approve) the change for downporting 8075484.

Webrev for 8u-dev: http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~clanger/webrevs/8075484.8udev/ <http://cr.openjdk.java.net/%7Eclanger/webrevs/8075484.8udev/>

Bug: https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8075484 <https://bugs.openjdk.java.net/browse/JDK-8075484>

JDK9 Change: http://hg.openjdk.java.net/jdk9/dev/jdk/rev/af17b6bc08dd

JDK9 Review Thread(s):

http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/net-dev/2016-August/010171.html

http://mail.openjdk.java.net/pipermail/net-dev/2016-September/010201.html

We had customer reports who ran into that issue with Java 8. So this should be downported.

The problem is, that the fix does not apply to Solaris as Solaris needs some calls into hotspot. This is because in JDK 8 the flag for interruptible IO is still supported (though deprecated). But I think it is still worthwile to bring this down for the other platforms which I’m proposing with my changeset. So I extracted the new code manually from the JDK9 changeset and made it fit into JDK8 coding.

Thanks & Best regards

Christoph