Hi,

On Tue, Feb 20, 2018 at 9:35 PM, Chris Hegarty <chris.hega...@oracle.com> wrote:
> Optimistically, if the whole message is read from the underlying
> socket in one native read ( small messages ), then the whole
> message will be in a single byte buffer, zero copy.

Good.

> If not, then to re-assemble the whole message into a single byte buffer
> will require some copying ( there is no composite byte buffer).

I don't see why the message should be reassembled, given
MessagePart.[FIRST|PART|LAST] ?
It's not that the user can ask for the kind of MessagePart, e.g. ask
only for WHOLE messages that the implementation must reassemble on her
behalf, no ?
So it will *always* be the case that zero copy is possible, right ?

--
Simone Bordet
---