On Friday 25 May 2018 11:19 AM, Ivan Gerasimov wrote:
Hi Wiijun!

On 5/24/18 10:13 PM, Weijun Wang wrote:

On May 25, 2018, at 11:58 AM, Ivan Gerasimov <ivan.gerasi...@oracle.com> wrote:

I also wonder whether a smart compiler might not flag code where the errors do infact have the same value:

if (errno == 11 || errno == 11) ...

At least gcc -O completely removes the second redundant test, so no observable changes is expected on supported platforms.
And it silently compiles without showing any warning, right? Good if yes.

--Max

Yep, all is good.
I've built/tested the patched JDK on all supported platforms with no issues.

And we already have places, where both EAGAIN and EWOULDBLOCK are used in one if clause (as I just replied to David): java.base/unix/native/libnet/SocketInputStream.c, in NET_ReadWithTimeout():
        result = NET_NonBlockingRead(fd, bufP, len);
        if (result == -1 && ((errno == EAGAIN) || (errno == EWOULDBLOCK))) {

i  wrote this code and that time even i wanted to fix the other native code (check error code for both EAGAIN & EWOULDBLOCK)  as you did ,but i did not .
So the fix basically proposes to use this approach consistently.
we can at least fix the native part of code.

Vyom

With kind regards,
Ivan