On 24/07/2018 21:34, Chris Hegarty wrote:
On 19 Jul 2018, at 18:41, Andrew Luo <andrewluotechnolog...@outlook.com> wrote:

Just checking - is there any other changes that I should make to the patch, or
anything else you guys need me to do?
A webrev genderated from Andrew’s patch along with:

1) some additional includes of “net_util_md.h” in several missing places
     in the jdk.net module’s source, as well as the appropriate make change:
        EXTRA_HEADER_DIRS := \
           java.base:libnet,

2) simplified the ifdef structure for NET_Socket and NET_SocketPair
     in net_util_md.c, and some comment updates, to make it more
     readable.

http://cr.openjdk.java.net/~chegar/8207335/webrev.00/

Thanks for generating a webrev.

As I said previously, the patch isn't complete so native code calling fork/exec may still have to deal with other file descriptors that are inherited into the child. I don't object to doing this in phases of course but somehow we have managed to get by for 20 years without this being an issue.

The updates to the various site to use the NET_* functions are fine. However, I think the new functions in net_util_md.c could be cleaner. I think it would be better to fallback to socket/socketpair + fcntl when the initial call fails with EINVAL.

-Alan