  4. K12> WEB: Web Site announcement
  5. K12> Re: WEB: Internet Workshop
  6. K12> National Library Week
  7. Last: posting for Wednesday, April 10, 2002

Archives for Net-happenings can be found at:
http://www.classroom.com/community/email/archives.jhtml?A0=NET-HAPPENINGS

http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&GROUP;=comp.internet.net-happenings

Date:    Wed, 10 Apr 2002 09:44:40 -0500
From:    Gleason Sackmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject: MISC> from the "what's in a name" dept -- change of .EDU registration
         policy

Date:         Wed, 10 Apr 2002 10:30:27 -0400
From: Pete Weiss <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Subject:      from the "what's in a name" dept -- change of .EDU registration policy
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

As you may be aware, there has been a change in Registrar and policies
for who may register in .EDU.

http://www.educause.edu/asp/faq/faq.asp?code=EDUELIGIBILITY#faq166

I have definitely noticed the trend of Community Colleges making the
effort to re-register from say

host.CC.st.US

host.EDU

This .EDU cache must be very important to them since the effort of
changing WEB pages, hardcopy documentation, bookmarks, promotional
material, etc. is quite time-consuming, requiring lots of coordination
with all involved.

Pete Weiss @ Penn State