DBG> In particular, a newly created row for a user who employs
DBG> authentication, cannot be made active until the corresponding
DBG> usmUserCloneFrom and usmUserAuthKeyChange have been set.  Further,
DBG> a newly created row for a user who also employs privacy, cannot be
DBG> made active until the usmUserPrivKeyChange has been set."

DBG> Is this a bug from Net-SNMP? Any idea of how to solve it?

You are right that we're not properly supporting that text, and we need
to change some code so that we do.

[note: I'd always recommend to administrators of any system to finish
setting up a user *before* enabling access control allowing that user to
be used (although in this case the new user's password can't be changed
unless the template user's password is known, nor can the new user be
used except by someone that knows the template password)]
--
Wes Hardaker
Sparta, Inc.