On Thu, Dec 24, 2009 at 5:48 PM, nathan <nitha_2...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > You can use some OID to send the
> > meaningful information, and everytime
> > you do the set include those OID.
>
> You mean I need to do a snmpget on another OID to get the meaningfull info
> after I do the snmpset....if this is what you meant are there any other
> ways, not snmptrap, to send back the info instead of doing the snmpget ?

RFC 1905 requires that the response to a SetRequest PDU contains the same
varbinds (OID and value) as the SetRequest PDU itself, at least if their
combined size does not exceed the maximum PDU size. Sending back other OIDs
or values in the Response PDU than those received in the SetRequest PDU is
not RFC compliant. See also section 4.2.5 in RFC 1905 (
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc1905.txt).

Bart.