On 21 October 2010 15:54, Wes Hardaker <harda...@users.sourceforge.net> wrote:
> I really really wish that tables in mediawiki were easier to write
> quickly.  I know another wiki language that does this:
>
>  | x | y |
>  | 1 | 2 |

As opposed to

{|
   || x || y ||
 |-
   || 1 || 2 ||
|}

> See how much faster that was?

Oh, much.   There's absolutely no comparison
between the elegant simplicity of one,
and the almost XML-esque bloat of the other.

Question:  How does the other wiki handle long cells?
I.e. something that should be displayed

   Top Left             Top Right
   very long            very long
   string                 string

   Bottom              Bottom
   Left                   Right

Is there an alternative to writing it as

   | Top Left very long string | Top Right very long string |
   | Bottom Left  |  Bottom Right |
?

I.e. something along the lines of

-