From: Robert Story [mailto:rst...@freesnmp.com]
Sent: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 6:28 AM
To: Hay, Joshua A
Cc: net-snmp-coders@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: Implementing LLDP MIB - table index problem

On Tue, 9 Aug 2011 10:49:40 -0700 Joshua A wrote:
HJA> I used the mib2c.mfd.conf to generate the stub code, and modified it where
HJA> needed.  The agent will run, but whenever I query it, it responds with a
HJA> "No such instance currently exists at this OID" message.
 [...snip...]
HJA> helper:table:req: Got GET (160) mode request for handler table: base
oid:LLDP-V2-
HJA> helper:table:   oid indexes not complete: LLDP-V2-MIB::lldpV2DestMacAddress
HJA> helper:table:results:   found 0 indexes
HJA> helper:table:results:   column: 2, indexes: 0
HJA> helper:table: invalid index(es) for table - skipping
HJA> handler:returned: handler table returned 0
HJA>
HJA> >From this, something is clearly wrong with the table index.  Can someone
HJA> please explain to me what "helper:table:     not enough for indexes" means?

For a get request, you must supply the index of an existing row in the table.
For example,

  snmpget -v2c -c public localhost lldpV2DestMacAddress.1

If you don't want to have to bother with an index, use a get-next instead:

  snmpgetnext -v2c -c public localhost lldpV2DestMacAddress

Of course, you have to actually have data in your table for this to work.

Robert