On 13 January 2012 09:33, Markus Gaugusch <mar...@gaugusch.at> wrote:
> I've seen several postings like this, could we make this list open to
> subscribers only?

The list is already open to posting from subscribers only.
Anything else is held for manual approval.

However the address that this message was sent from *is*
subscribed to the list, which is why it was allowed through.

> Or - at least - could there be some kind of spam detection?

Believe me - there is a *LOT* of spam sent to the list that is being
rejected and deleted.  Wes and I are probably seeing a constant
stream of ten or more message every day, which never make it
onto the list.  If an odd one manages to get through, this is a tiny
fraction of what you could be seeing!

Dave