On 26 July 2012 11:46,  <najmudheen.thod...@emc.com> wrote:
> I want to convert a port instance internal name to its corresponding port
> number.
>
> for example when I query a get Bulk for OID name  ="fcsPortState"

You need to consult the MIB file that defines the tables
and other objects that you are looking at.
For example, it appears that you are retrieving

    CISCO-FCS-MIB::fcsPortState

which is part of the fcsPortTable.
One entry of this is:

fcsPortPhyPortNum  OBJECT-TYPE
        SYNTAX       Integer32 (1..2147483647)
        MAX-ACCESS   read-only
        STATUS       current
        DESCRIPTION      "The physical number corresponding to this port entry."
        ::= { fcsPortEntry 5 }

Which appears to be the information you are looking for.

Dave