Hi Bill,

I guess that SYN not getting any response is due to *firewall issue* at our
side

1) Now i've tried to setup one PC as Net-SNMP Agent and other as manager.
2) On the PC which is an Agent i have started snmpd service on port 10161
using snmpd tlstcp:10161 command.
This port is in LISTEN state.
3) I have generated certificate in Agent using net-snmp-cert command with
name as Agent-89. I give this name in snmpget request their_identity
parameter. Do i have to give the agent certificate name also when sending
snmpget request from manager? If so why?

Command:
snmpget -T our_identity=tutorial-joecool -T their_identity=Agent-83 -t 10
tlstcp:<IP> sysUpTime.0
Inspite of these i get the error.

*lstcp:Failed to SSl connect*

*snmpget: Unknown host(Transport endpoint is not connected)*

I've tried on another PC and got different error

*No log handling enabled - using stderr loggingtlstcp: failed to connect to
10.253.6.83:10161 <http://10.253.6.83:10161>---- OpenSSL Related Errors:
---- error: #33562734 (file bss_conn.c, line 269)  Textual Error:
host=10.253.6.83:10161 <http://10.253.6.83:10161> error: #537342055 (file
bss_conn.c, line 273)---- End of OpenSSL Errors ----snmpget: Unknown host
(tlstcp:10.253.6.83) (Connection timed out)*

Please help me with this setup.

Firewall issue i can't resolve as of now. Please help me setting up agent
and manager locally