On 03/07/18 08:41, Ian Bruene wrote:
I am looking to contribute to this project and picked the test harnesses as a possible first target to dip my toes in and start getting familiar with the code. I do have a couple of questions though.

1. It appears to me that the user-facing utilities (snmpget, snmpwalk, etc) are not getting tested themselves, but are used as hooks to test snmpd with. Is this true? Or have I missed something in the source tree?

2. I've looked through some of the recent mailing list archives and didn't see anything stick out, but is there anything in particular that you'd like to throw a newbie at?

Thank you, any suggestions in how I can help are greatly appreciated.

Hello Ian,

It's great that you want to contribute. Possible areas for contribution are:
* Adding tests to the test framework for functionality that is not yet tested by an existing test. See also the output of "find testing". * Analyzing and addressing issues reported to the bug tracker. See also https://sourceforge.net/p/net-snmp/bugs/. * Reviewing contributed patches. See also https://sourceforge.net/p/net-snmp/patches/.

Bart.