On Wed, Apr 25, 2018 at 5:14 PM, Keith Mendoza <ke...@icei.org> wrote:

> Just want to see where everyone is regarding 5.8 release. Other than
> what's listed in the 5.8pre2 announcement are there any other features that
> will go into 5.8?
>
> Other that the bugs I filed last week from running the test suite against
> master branch, are there any bugs that are part of 5.8?

A new feature went into 5.8 that conflicts a little with using an agentx
subagent.  I mentioned this here:
https://sourceforge.net/p/net-snmp/mailman/message/36270409/
You can replicate it by configuring a normal snmpd as an agentx master, and
then running:

$ sudo snmpd -C -f -Le -x /var/run/agentx/master -X
*unknown snmp version 193*
NET-SNMP version 5.8.pre2 AgentX subagent connected
NET-SNMP version 5.8.pre2

The "unknown snmp version" message may just be noise, but may cause traps
from AgentX subagents to not be delivered depending on the net-snmp library
configuration (in my configuration it's fine. I haven't actually tried a
standard configuration).

(The context is that the library now tries to suppress converting traps
from v1 to v2 or vice versa if there is no trap sink of the right type,
but, it does not know how to treat agentx sessions so doesn't count them -
so if there's only an agentx session open it may not send *any* traps since
it "knows" there are no v1 or v2 trap sessions open)

Do we need to do a 5.8pre3? If so, when is that expected?

I think Robert is proposing pre3 tomorrow, and rc1 5/4.

  Bill