Howdy!

I am new to this and am trying to build and run the Net-SNMP Simple Application
tutorial in Visual Studio 14.0 with Net-SNMP 5.8

For my main, I am using the default Simple Application code provided on the
Net-SNMP webpage

I added the Include, snmplib, and win32 files to external dependencies and that
fixed all of the header issues, but after trying to build,
I come up with linker errors for all of the snmp functions. e.g.:

LNK1120               15 unresolved externals
LNK2019               unresolved external symbol _snmp_add_null_var referenced
in function _main
LNK2019               unresolved external symbol _print_variable referenced in
function _main
LNK2019               unresolved external symbol _snmp_pdu_create referenced in
function _main
LNK2019               unresolved external symbol _snmp_free_pdu referenced in
function _main
LNK2019               unresolved external symbol _snmp_errstring referenced in
function _main
LNK2019               unresolved external symbol _snmp_perror referenced in
function _main
LNK2019               unresolved external symbol _snmp_sess_perror referenced
in function _main
LNK2019               unresolved external symbol _snmp_sess_init referenced in
function _main
LNK2019               unresolved external symbol _snmp_open referenced in
function _main
LNK2019               unresolved external symbol _snmp_close referenced in
function _main
LNK2019               unresolved external symbol _snmp_synch_response
referenced in function _main
LNK2019               unresolved external symbol _snmp_parse_oid referenced in
function _main
LNK2019               unresolved external symbol _init_snmp referenced in
function _main
LNK2019               unresolved external symbol _winsock_startup referenced in
function _main
LNK2019               unresolved external symbol _winsock_cleanup referenced in
function _main

All I really want is to be able to retrieve the data from an OID then put that
information in a variable for future use.
I don't need this to be an application or command line protocol, I just need
this to run in the background and send the info somewhere else.
How can I do this easily, or how can I fix Visual Studio to compile and run
with what I have?